During the evening of one of my days down in Aqaba, we went on a sunset cruise out into the middle of the Red Sea, looking out over Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Israel and Egypt as the sun went down. We were joined on our return to the harbour by a pod of dolphins (I think spinner dolphins, but if anyone knows better?), who stayed a while to play and show off - the whole thing with the red skies and remnants of a warm day was magical ...
Not sure if these videos will do it justice, but here is a dolphin playing in the wake on the prow of the ship (are those the right technical terms, sailor types?)
And here is the dolphin / landscape/ sunset combo - bliss ...
Sunday, 20 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How lovely is that? It looks really peaceful there - I'm glad you're having some memorable experiences. Looking forward to seeing you my love.
ReplyDeleteBlog post to follow today. x
Jeanne, you lucky, lucky lady, what an experience. I can't tell you how envious I am. I am sooooo hoping to do this if/when I come out to see you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my latest post. I feel so strongly about creativity etc, and it's nice to know it resonates with others! I can feel an education revolution coming on indeed!!
Look forward to seeing you and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR my love!!
Amelia.x