Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Tell us a story ...

My first video - this is a traditional Arabic storyteller or 'Hekawati' doing his thing, you don't need to understand what he's saying (I didn't!) to imagine what's going on ... in fact it's almost more fun to invent your own story! This was in a cafe in downtown Damascus, full to the brim of people of all ages sucking on a nargileh and enjoying the fun ... and the odd tourist to see the man who is apparently the last of his kind in the region ...


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant - he'svery expressive isn't he? How long did his story go on for & did you stay for all of it? did you kind of work out what he was talking about & what was it?

    Thank you for the video though; this is the kind of thing I want to see more of! I'll be writing your new post tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete