Friday, 28 May 2010

What's a girl to do?

"Day 49 of her incarceration, and La Tarzane is wondering what sag paneer and patatas bravas mixed together would taste like ..."

So, it's been a few weeks now, and I seem to have passed through the bored stage and reached a happy equilibrium of pootling about very slowly and finding lots of little things to fill my day - it's a pity that "not doing anything" (e.g. productive) and "being on enforced holiday" are not recognised occupations, because I feel I have a rare and underused talent in this department.

So what does a one-legged adventurer find to do?




Well, there's been plenty of this; feet up and lounging on the sofa, surfing the net or ploughing my way through books ... this is exacly when being someone who likes lounging for hours in front of the TV would be handy, and I have had the odd evening vegging in front of the box, but I guess I'm just more of a Radio-4-and-a-nice-cup-of-tea kinda gal ...






I have acquired a new skill thanks to my dear friend UrbanCynic - the art of crocheting! It is so easy to get sucked into making things that are pretty to begin with, and it is only after several hours that you realise that your are dangerously close to making a doilie ... but witness a couple of my first efforts, a flowery scarf for summer (above) and a triangular thingy ...


I've also hired a wheelchair, and every now and then one of my dear dear friends has plucked up the energy to push me out into the big wide world and remind me that I am part of society - have so far managed the cinema, a couple of Brian Eno gigs at the Brighton festival, and I'm glad to say more than one cream tea ...

So, overall, things could be a lot worse - who wouldn't want to be sitting the sunshine (OK, a rarity, I admit), partaking of fine courgette and lime cake? Chin up!


P.S. would still be lovely to hear from you though, sometimes need reminding that the rest of the world is still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment