Well, hello m'lovelies - I am once again ensconced in the Middle East, time to resume the adventures even if the leg is not yet 100% willing ... will just have to hold off on the canyoning and rock climbing for a while. Still, plenty of other things to do and a veritable flood of visitors on the horizon, so won't be slouching in front of the box either!
It was a bit sad coming back in some ways - apart from all the people I've left behind, many of the friends I'd made here have moved on (a hazard of the expat life I guess), most of my plants were dead (my beautiful tomatoes! RUINED!) and the car was in serious need of some TLC after not being driven for 5 whole months ...
But nothing a bit of effort couldn't fix - a new battery and water pump for the car (and boy was it dirty!), lots of water and a bit of compost for the few plants that survived, and I am back to walking up to people and asking them to be my friend, but all good! Am restarting poker night next week, first lot of visitors arriving just after that, and I will soon be ON THE ROAD!!!!!
So, will keep you posted on how it's going, and am looking forward to sharing with you more of the wierd and wonderful that the Middle East has to offer ...
Take care!
Wednesday, 29 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment