Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Life is art

An amazing quote from Virginia Woolf that I wanted to share with you - when I see water rippling with the wind, a sunset painting the sky, the neon shops signs and dancing lights of traffic streaming by at night, people singing on the beach ... it's all art baby, it's all art ...

" It is only by putting it into words that I make it whole; this wholeness means that it has lost its power to hurt me; it gives me, perhaps because by doing so I take away the pain, a delight to put the severed parts together [...] From this I reach what I might call a philosophy; at any rate it is a constant idea of mine; that behind the cotton wool is hidden a pattern; that we - I mean all human beings - are connected with this; that the whole world is a work of art; that we are parts of the work of art [...] We are the words; we are the music; we are the thing itself."


No comments:

Post a Comment