Friday, 18 May 2012

Baldrick's Bar is open!

Well, I have been having lots of fun with my best buddy M, who has now sadly buggered off and abandoned me ... but has left me with a nice little addition to the party pad - my own cocktail bar! We've been talking about it for ages, and he brought all the cocktail stuff out with him. Then we sat down and discussed what I wanted, he did a stonking design, and a lovely carpenter I know made it up for us.

The new bar on it's first day in the corner of the balcony
Loving the stylish curved corner
Mixologist extraordinaire of Baldrick's Bar
rocking the Lederhosen look ...
Last Thursday was the opening night of what we have christened Baldrick's Bar, when I got to invite all the lovely people that I've met so far to meet each other and try a little cocktail or six. It ended up being a wierd mix of diplomats, divers, defence contractors, business people and a liberal sprinkling of nutters. Could have been strange, but actually ended up being very jolly and a whole lot of fun - with people already in the pool by 7.30, it was always going to get silly, but in the nicest possible way!

Yes, there was even a flyer!
Did we have fun? I think so ...
Even the barman ended up in the pool with a mojito!
In fact, I think I remember the pool becoming
pretty much one big mojito by the end of the night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment