Friday, 10 August 2012

Cake fest

Well, I must dedicate this blog to all those amazing friends who came round to help me celebrate my birthday  last night...


I had asked people to bring a little something sweet, and people did an AMAZING job of creating weird and truly wonderful puddings - it was a mighty cake fest, and one I well remember for a long long time ...


There were too many amazing contributions to mention them all - from chilli chocolate sponge to the unpronouncable South African almond apricot meringue coconut things, my very own banana cake, the many mouthwatering homemade cookies - but I think everyone there will agree that there were a couple of stand-out efforts ...

words fail me ... a true work of art
In honour of my herb factory -
completely edible mint 'seedlings'
The only downside of the whole experience? The rather negative impact on my efforts to lose that 'full English breakfast' stone ... but hey, it's not your birthday every day, right?!

One happy lady - thank you my friends X


No comments:

Post a Comment