First, the humble kebab - I tell you, I will never again even think of succumbing to a dodgy doner on the way home from the pub in the UK after the qualit of some of the kebabs I've had here (anyone who has had a tropical banana will know what I'm talking about ...), and I think I had the most delicious one so far in Turkey ... behold, the pistachio kebab;
I had never thought of such a combo, but i can confidently state that it is divine, and yet so simple - just half veal and half lamb mince, with a little salt and chopped pistachios, squished on a metal skewer and grilled ...There were so many good things to eat, no room for it all really, but here are another few examples;
(and yes, more meat)
So, not always a great place to be a veggie, but if you're not fussed there is plenty to tantalise the tastebuds ...



No comments:
Post a Comment