Friday, 17 June 2011

Muscat mooching ...

Well, this week has been much much cooler - which feels like a stupid thing to say when it's still been in the low 40s, but believe me, it makes a difference! It has meant that escaping the heat has become less of an obsession, and I've actually been able to consider doing something other than working (local events keeping me busy) and taking measures to keep cool ... not that escaping the heat is so bad when it involves a pool or the sea!


In fact, now that I am out and about a bit more, I'm starting to properly appreciate how much fun I'm going to have here - it feels like living on holiday, doing all those things that we associate with our two weeks of fun in the sun EVERY DAY. And shed loads of work of course - had a couple of long ones this week - but it seems worth putting in the hours when a beer and a stroll on the beach are only minutes away.


Not that Muscat is cheap, but at the risk of sounding like a big fat cliché, some of the best things in life are free - the beach being top of the list around here. Different beaches in town provide different kinds of seaside fun - umbrellas for your own little picnic, promenades for a stroll in the cooler hours, cafes and restaurants overlooking the sea for daytime mooching and night-time fun ... and all with lapping waves and blue blue skies ...


And then there's a good selection of pampering options too, for when you just can't take any more sun, sea and wind ... I have just discovered Ayana Spa, with its lovely Balinese therapists and yummy traditional products. In fact, as I write I am still glowing from a Moroccan hamam, all natural scrubs, yoghurt and sandalwood body mask and honey facial ...


And the best part? I've found a place to live, and there's plenty of space for you!!! yes you!!! to come and stay. So get saving ...

Coming soon - pics of the new pad ...

No comments:

Post a Comment