Sunday, 3 January 2010

Food pt 7 - pudding!

As I seem to have been focussing on the savoury side of things, here's another example of the sweet end of the range - and here they don't seem to just do sweet, they do sweet with extra sweet in a sweet sauce. You think I'm exaggerating ...

So this is kunafa, which seems to be something of a national obsession. There are a few kinds, but this is my fave - something like deep fried vermicelli wrapped around what I think is some kind of soft white cheese, all mixed with huge quantities of sugar ... and then with extra rose-flavoured syrup poured over it (that's what is bubbling in the pot on the right ...)

And this is another grainy kind of kunafa, with the syrup being poured over it in a liberal manner ... I think I'm getting fat just writing this! Sorry to anyone on a post-festivities diet ...

2 comments:

  1. Now thats more like it! That's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,. you are going to have a happy new year with this type of thing going on!!!!

    A.x

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete