Well, another year has gone and a new decade is upon us ... no new year's resolutions again this year, apart from continuing to love and appreciate being loved by all my wonderful family and friends around the world. My world adventures continue, and I continue to learn and grow from them, even if it's sometimes a lonely road - so once again, can I invite you all to come and share them with me at any time, there are things of wonder to behold, do and eat!
If there is one thing that I wish for this year, for myself and for all, it is that we seek and find happiness, our own and that of the world around us. I keep going to go back to the Dalai Lama on this, and his wonderful book on The Art of Happiness;
"1. The purpose of life is happiness
2. Happiness is determined more by the state of one's mind than by one's external conditions, circumstances or events - at least once one's basic survival needs are met.
3. Happiness can be achieved through the systematic training of our hearts and minds, through reshaping our attitudes and outlook.
4. The key to happiness is in our own hands"
Sounds simple really - not easy, but I actually think that it may be as simple as this - all coming back to the basic question of "DOES IT MAKE ME (REALLY) HAPPY?"
So please, be happy and remember the love that I and others have for you - and have a wonderful 2010!
Friday, 1 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I needed that Dalai Lama advice today! I need to learn how to be a happier person, not so much about myself but towards the rest of the World & how it is. We'vehad this conversation before, but I really struggle to contain my anger at the way the World is full of horrible things.
ReplyDeleteMissing you dearly, I seem to rely on your advice as the voice of reason (for an often unreasonable person such as I!) & Brighton is a duller place without you in it.
I will see youlater this year though when I get myself sorted out! x
You are welcome any time of course, and sorely missed too XX
ReplyDeleteHappy new decade sugarplum x Loving the Dalai Lama on the subject of happiness! We make things so complicated sometimes, when actually happiness is generally a simple, quiet place inside .......
ReplyDeleteI'll be back from Oz by the time you come over so lets get planning my love x Be lovely to see you - what a treat :-)